Re: Re: Persistant Connections and max_connections on mysql

On 21/06/2005, at 6:06 PM, Catalin Trifu wrote:

	Hi,

This is a database issue and has to do with the following mysql variables:

    interactive_timeout
    wait_timeout

By default these variables are set to 28800 and they represent the time for which
the server waits on "persistent" connection.
If you have a busy site that number is way too big; so try to decrease
those variables and you should be fine:

    mysql> set global interactive_timeout = 120;
    mysql> set global wait_timeout = 120;

This makes the timeout on connections 2 minutes after which mysql disconects the user
and so freeing usable space for new connections.
You can also add them in my.cnf so that the server gets them when started:

    set-variable = intercative_timeout=120

Cheers its one or the other :O , I work most with intranet apps so dont have these kind of issues.