Re: [RE-PHRASE] PHP ZIP Class

Hello,

on 06/16/2005 11:05 AM Jay Blanchard said the following:
I am in need of a PHP class or script or something that will allow me to
designate a group of files to be zipped up, including PDF files,
automagically. It must be compatible with WinZip as that is what the
user will have access to. I have tried several things, a couple of
classes, and some other tricks to no avail. There seems to be an issue
with PDF's that I cannot figure out. The files are usually 1 byte too
short when you try to open them after unzipping them, and are therefore
corrupt.

If anyone is aware of something would you please let me know? I am even
willing at this point to add a couple of layers of abstraction to make
this work as long as the process is relatively invisible to the end
user. My desire is that it works like this;

User clicks link
[start automagic stuff]
*whirring* //determine which files should go into archive
*clicking* //put files in archive
[/end automagic stuff]
User presented with dialog box to save archive

Any and all clues are appreciated.

Here you may find a few Zip classes, in case you have not checked yet:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/class/42.html

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos