Re: form inside an email

Ross wrote:
Hi,

I would like to send a form to customers to get some information.

The form will be a HTML email and collect a few bits of data...name. age etc.

Can I put this inside an html email so customers do not have to open an external webpage to fill in the fields. How can this then be processed?

If this can be done in php then great. If not any other suggestions are welcome.

Ross
simply send an email with HTML contents, inside use a normal form like you would on any normal webpage. And have it target some php script on your server; the php script will "think" the form was sent from a normal webpage (and it will be, since the email can be considered as one), and will work like normal from there.

Just make sure to set the correct headers for the email (including a content-type: text/html header!)