Re: Oracle Interface

On Fri, June 10, 2005 8:48 am, Shane Presley said:
> Where can I find some info on integrating Oracle and PHP?

http://php.net/oracle

pretty much covers it.

> I had some PHP front ends to a MySQL database, worked great.  Our DBAs
> want to change the back end from MySQL to Oracle 10g.  How hard would
> it be to convert my PHP scripts, and where would I go to read up on
> Oracle <--> PHP?

It's mostly a global search and replace to change out your mysql_query()
to, err, oracle_exec() or whatever it is...

Unless you used MySQL-specific SQL syntax and features.

Your biggest hurdle will probably be getting a database connection :-)

Do that first, in a simple example script, comletely outside the scope of
your project.  The hair you save, may be your own.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm