Re: Installation

afrodriguez@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

I am running Apache on Windows XP and would like to install PHP.  I'll be using PHP within my computer for development purposes.

1st issue.  When I installed Apache, the installation program self-configures.  Since I use a permanent, broadband connection, I think Apache detected it and assumed I was using Apache as a Web sever.  How can I fix this?

2nd issue.  I downloaded and extracted PHP 5.0.4-Win 32.  Although I read the installation instructions, I have no clue how to install it.  There are several files and I don't know which to execute to install PHP.  Or which file (if any) to configure.

Can someone please help me?

Tony

Suggest you try this product which installs Apache, PHP, MySQL (and more) at the same time: <http://www.reactorserver.com/>. It makes it very easy to set up a test server on a Windows box.

--