RE: Installation

Hi Tony!

> 1st issue.  When I installed Apache, the installation program
> self-configures.  Since I use a permanent, broadband
> connection, I think Apache detected it and assumed I was
> using Apache as a Web sever.  How can I fix this?

Apache *is* a web server.  Nothing to fix here.  You need it to be a web
server to be able to develop against it.  If you don't want it to be
*ACCESSIBLE* from the web, firewall it.

> 2nd issue.  I downloaded and extracted PHP 5.0.4-Win 32.
> Although I read the installation instructions, I have no clue
> how to install it.  There are several files and I don't know
> which to execute to install PHP.  Or which file (if any) to configure.

You should probably download the version of PHP that has the installer:

http://www.php.net/get/php-5.0.4-installer.exe/from/a/mirror

It will install and configure PHP for you.

JM