Re: Add Excel/Word documents to a dynamic pdf.

On Wed, June 8, 2005 5:23 am, Bosky, Dave said:
> Basically I have a master list of available files in the following
> formats: text, JPEG images, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. The user
> selects all the documents they need from the list and then I need to
> build a dynamic PDF containing all the selected files.
>
> Is this possible?

Yes, but...

There are commercial $$$ tools to convert Word and Excel (I think) and
Powerpoint (well, maybe not) into PDF.

You could then pay for the license of libpdf to have PDI which lets you
smush a bunch of PDFs into one big monster PDF.

This is not gonna be cheap...

And I don't promise Excel and Powerpoint.

There are some less expensive tools on Windows (and maybe other platforms)
that let you "Print to PDF" and you could maybe get a Windows box to use
do those... Well, you could get it to do as well as you can get a Windows
box to do anything at all...

But the combining part will almost for sure cost you some money.

I don't have hard prices to quote you, but you can dig them out.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm