Re: stripping html tags

On 6/7/05, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your RegEx is probably fine...
>
> But you are probably missing a closing quote in lines BEFORE line 39, and
> PHP thinks everything up the the =====^ is still part of some giant
> monster long string that spans multiple lines, and then it gets to the
> /head bit (because  your opening quote is really a closing quote for
> something way earlier) and BAM!  /head don't mean nothing useful in PHP...
>
> So all this discussion about security, strip_tags, and suchlike has
> nothing to do with your original problem :-)
>
> But, hey, ya learned some stuff, and that's never bad. :-)
>
> On Sun, June 5, 2005 6:36 pm, Dotan Cohen said:
> >> $text);

> >> , "" , $text);

> >> The pointing is often "off" by a few chars...
> >>
> >> For starters, you're not correctly using \, imho.
> >>
> >> \ is special in PHP strings.
> >> \ is ALSO special in RegEx.
> >>
> >> So your \s should be \\s, in case PHP makes \s special someday.
> >>
> >> I think the ?> in there will also mess you up, maybe, as that ends PHP
> >> parsing...  Though it SHOULD be kosher inside a string...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Like Music?
> >> http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm
> >>

> > Could well be- I certainly didn't come up with that regex myself! What
> > would you recommend to remove any tag, and the code enclosed? For
> > instance: "I love my <tag>big</tag> brother" would become "I love my
> > brother"?
> >
> > Dotan
> > http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/pages/artist_albums.php/114/Chapman%2C%20Tracy
> > Tracy Chapman Lyrics

> Like Music?
> http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

You're right! The problem wasn't the regex- it was in getting the
parge to parse. I stated that in my second post- after I figured it
out. And again in another post. But the thread changed subject, as I
followed it...

I didn't know that there could be / are virus for mobile phones. Of
course I don't need all that fancy markup- truth is that I hate it. I
was modifying someone else's script and didn't want to hack it up too
much. But now I see that I'm better off removing all the tags like you
suggest.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. From you I learn.

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/pages/artist_albums.php/425/Red%20Hot%20Chili%20Peppers
Red Hot Chili Peppers Lyrics