The "goto" discussion on the Internals List

I perused the discussion about the inclusion of "goto" into the PHP language on the php.internals list.

From a PHP end-user's perspective, I would suggest that rather than focusing on adding new language constructs such as goto, that the development team put 100% focus on making what it already has as fast and stable as possible (and maybe iron out the Unicode issue) so that the corporate and hosting community will more readily accept it.

I've been begging my hosting company to upgrade to 5.0.x for months but they say "we're going to wait until next year when it has stabilized."

That's really frustrating because I find 5.x's current features so compelling and useful.

Thanks,

C Drozdowski