Re: Frames or iframes? (Basically "The devil or deap sea" or "A rock and a hard place" etc) - - - -> (0T)

On 6/4/05, Ryan A <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,

> > don't
> > > Yep, but the animation and the intro music will play each time...which I
> am
> > > guessing can
> > > be quite irritating.
> > It's
> > very irritating everytime, even the first time. And it might very
> > well be the reason why it's also the last time.
>

> :-) its for a womens site....mostly beauty tips, household tips and whatever
> else they talk about,
> so I dont think they will find it too irritating...the first time, but if it
> keeps reloading I'm pretty
> sure they will get p!ssed....so back to the main q....frames? iframes?
> something else? what?
Personally I reckon:
a) you should simplify that flash banner quite a bit. It keeps
animating for a long time(forever?). You're drawing the readers
attention away from the site, and to a flash banner. I think for
subsequent pages, there should be no animation(at all), and for the
initial page it should have stopped completely after 5-7 seconds.

b) to implement this, personally I'd inject a querystring(GET)
variable into every hyperlink or form, and have flash prevent the use
of animation if such a variable is set. That way if people leave the
site and comeback, they'll see the animation. This means they'll see
your hard work  often enough to appreciate it, but not often enough to
piss them off.

c) I'd suggest providing an image alternative - just incase the
viewers don't have flash.