Re: Quick q, most prolly 0T

On Wed, June 1, 2005 8:42 pm, Ryan A said:
> On 6/2/2005 5:17:47 AM, Richard Lynch (ceo@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>> URL re-writing can do that -- It ends up using his 'index' file (or
>> whatever) but you don't see it in the URL.
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> But if I want to copy his exact way of doing things...instead of index
> file
> I would like to
> use main.php....how would i do that?

Change your httpd.conf to use main.php as an index file.

Open up httpd.conf, search for index.htm, and tack on main.php at the end
of that list of filenames.

Now your main.php is an index file, and if there is no OTHER filename from
that list in the directory, main.php will get used.

The list is in order, so you could put main.php first to be 100% certain
yourmain.php "wins the race" but then if somebody else has index.htm and
main.php, you just screwed up their site...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm