Re: Accessing DLL from PHP

I'm not too sure, but that sounds like a job for ffi. I think you'll
find ffi at pecl.php.net, although, be warned that I've never used
ffi, nor have I read any reports as to how well it worked.

On 6/2/05, Rory McKinley <rorym@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I do not have much programming experience outside some PHP stuff so
> please excuse a stupid question:
>
> I have a DLL provided to me by a third-party with a small bit of
> documentation regarding its structure and methods. The DLL caculates
> event costs based on parameters passed to it. I would like to access
> this DLL using PHP if possible.
>
> I have RTFM, and I am still busy STFW and STFA, but the little bit that
> I have found has lead me towards trying to understand COM (eek!).
Does the module you're trying to access have a COM interface? If not,
then this is a non-runner.

Regards

Rory (seriously)