Re: PHP 5 Question about OO

On 2 Jun 2005, at 11:56, Colin Ross wrote:

The way I see it, you are gonna be spending quite a bit of time writing all those lines of code for the class, what is bad about another requiring the file each time?

Huh? Writing a 1-line function in a base class means that I would never have to write another require anywhere in my library (other to include the base class of course, which could conceivably be picked up by a global autoload anyway). Each of my 50-odd classes probably talks to 5 other classes in the library, giving a net saving of 250 lines. How is that bad? (I am talking hypothetically anyway as we don't have autoload methods at present).

This thread is meant to be about how to improve automatic include file location - saying not to try to do it at all is not very helpful.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture