RE: FW: write to file, difficulty inputting data

I need to write to file. After getting a customer's order I'm sending a
file to a distribution company. The company wants all the information in
a preset format which they will then parse.

The problem comes when I try to put in multiple orders. In other words
how does one use

while($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result ))
{
}

inside a variable -- or put the results into said variable

The process I've set up is:
1. get data from session variables, $_POST and a database
(this orderID, itemsOrdered and customerAddress, etc...)
2. put it into a variable called $fileContent
3. then write $fileContent to $file

Example below:

$thisOrder= sprintf("%12d",$orderID[0]);

$fileContent=

$thisOrder .
$_POST["shippingMethodName"] .
$a .
$b .
$c

; // end of $fileContent

Now, I would like to put my orders into $fileContent. How does one place
the output of

while($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result ))
{
}

into $fileContent?

Thx.