Re: Questionary Development

On Mon, May 30, 2005 11:08 pm, Rory Browne said:
> Assuming it would be nice to cross-reference answers with other
> answers from the same answerer, putting them in the DB initially will
> not solve your problem. Unless you use sessions, then you know that
> somebody answered questions 1 - 20, and you know that someone answered
> 21 - 40. You don't know that the answerers to the two sections are
> from the same person, unless you use sessions as well, which negates
> your next point.

Assume, for the moment, that the user logs in with some kind of
username/password.

You can then manage to tie them to their partially-completed work in the
DB WITHOUT using sessions at all, if you really want to.

You'd be better off using PHP Sessions, of course, since you'd end up
duplicating a bunch of the functionality anyway, but you *COULD*.

Either way, I was intending to mean to not store the *answers* as
$_SESSION data rather than to not use sessions at all.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm