Re: php + cvs

Bostjan Skufca @ domenca.si wrote:
a. It would create a posibility to run application directly from CVS if http server would have access to it

doeos anyone else think this is silly? besides which this is webdevelopment,
the http server's config/paths etc matter ... so how do the files inside the CVS
repository know which server is using them?
also have you ever looked at the contents of a repository? its full of *,v files
which are not usuable as-is.

direct access to the files in your CVS repository is a BAD IDEA... unless
of course you are a certified wizard in which case I'll just shut up ;-)

instead write an automation script to update/export/roll-out your
application.... actually thinking about it a friend of mine setup CVS once
so that checking in automatically caused a test-server to be updated to
the latest version... (can't remember how he did it)...
that sounds more like what you want.

b. details :))

yeah ;-)