RE: Replacing 2 strings

> This is a great help, thanks to both.  One question I have though.
> How do I just leave the formatting "as is"?  In the loop you gave me,
> Brian...:

[snippage]

> I can't see how I can disregard strtolower without disrupting the rest
> of the function!  My problem is $string contains a whole load of text,
> the formatting of which needs to be retained...

Hmmm. Methinks your problem is a little more complex than originally
presented.

Can you give us a pseudo-example of what the string might actually contain?
I think both Brian and I took your original message to mean that your string
would ONLY contain a value like "<^JIM_JONES>", but from this message I get
the sense that the value you're trying to target may be buried in a string
with other text on either side?

Again, an example that is as close to your real-world needs as possible
would be very helpful.

Regards,

Murray