Re: Re: Free penetration test

Hi,

This is getting pretty irritating because by now even a stone would have
understood what
I was trying to say...so either you are playing dumb or you just dont want
to understand,
that said, this is my last response as I have much better things to do than
say the same thing
over and over.......and over and over etc again.

> > Not really, the service is still the same... true,
> > but what happens if he decides to buy one more scan (49$) from that site
> or
> > decides to buy a 1 month scanning option ($119) or 1 year scanning
> ($899)?
> > Does a little birdie get 35% (recurring) of that?

**
Read my phrase again: nothing changes for anybody that follows the link,
whether or not anybody gains from any referrals.

That means that if a person that follows the link that I suggested buys
$1000 worth of services or goods, he would still pay $1000 if the link
did not contain my referral id.
**
Thats how affilate systems work, they dont "add" your commision to their
products,
they give you a kind of "brokers fee"....but you already know that of
course.
When you say "nothing changes for anybody that follows the link" thats a
half truth as
you would profit if he actually buys something as i have said over and over
and.....again.

**
but the way you are putting
you are confusing other people reading the thread by making them believe
that the price would be different if I were to get any commissions.
**
Never said that, all I said (and i'm repeating for the damn 10th time(at
least)) that
you should just mention that the link you send contains your affiliate code
and you gain
something if they buy.

http://www.php.net/books.php
--------------
> Ummm..... this is whats written on the page:
 "If you buy the book using the links on this page, you are helping to
support PHP development! "
> Lucky for me, English is my mother tongue but I think even if it was'nt
and my IQ was quite a bit lower
> I would still the idea that if I buy a book using one of those links the
site was gaining from it.

***
You are not being serious and you are only acting with bias against me, as
nowhere in that page it says
that when you use those links, the PHP Group (I suppose) may earn 15% on
commissions of books sold
for their referrals to Amazon.
***
Bias against you? You nuts or something?
They dont have to say how much they are getting, they just mentioned that
they gain from it (the decent thing)
Maybe you could have written; "clicking the link might help me pay my
bills"...or is even that too much for you?

***
My point is that it is pretty common to not distract people with the details
of who gets what with referrals because
it does not change anything for who follows a link with our without the
referral id. The price and the service is the same.
***
First, you are not "distracting" anybody, you are simply being honest and
showing the person you are helping them
but you are also "conntected" with the site and may have a different motive
for helping them...let them judge.

***
What matters is who wants free help can get free help even if that help
provides some benefit to the person that is providing it. If a person
that gets free help does not like that whoever provides the help
benefits from that too, that person is just being ungrateful and so does
not deserve to be helped.
***
Arrrgh, that just sounds so wrong I wont even go there.

***
Don't be ridiculous! Everybody gains something when he helps somebody on
these lists. Sometimes people just feel good for being helpful (think
for instance of Richard Lynch), other times people actually gain
reputation and are contracted to provide paid jobs (think for instance
of Chris Shifflet), some may even gain money indirectly from commission
referrals (think of the PHP Group with the books page), etc..
***
Fair enough...and people like me gain knowledge and tips from reading other
peoples posts.
As for people who gain indirect commission referrals...which is what this is
all about... let me
put it in a way that might help you understand the whole point of this
side-discussion:
T H E Y  S A Y  T H E Y  A R E  C O N N E C T E D  W I T H  T H E  S I T E
in some way...or that they are gaining from the referral (like in the php
books link)

***
but all my time is taken
with all the PHP related projects that I work on and at least hundreds
of thousands of users benefit.
***
(no comment)
:-)

End of discussion from my side, if you want to continue to argue about the
above please write
to yourself (both what I would say and your answer), but what I do suggest
is you take some time
off and do some thinking... we are not all out to "get you"...look into the
words 'paranoid' and
'megalomaniac'

Have a nice day.

Regards,