Re: DOM: browse childnodes but not recursively

28 maj 2005 kl. 19.32 skrev Jared Williams:

childNodes contains the textnodes too, in this case the whitespace between each of <element>.

So, to put it in short words; how do I do to browse the
content of the element id="5" withuot doing it recursively? I
want to receive a list when I call childNodes (or equivalent)
that gives me the elements with id 51-56, and a length of 6.

for($child = $elements->item(0)->firstChild; $child; $child = $child->nextSibling)
    if ($child->nodeType == XML_ELEMENT_NODE)
        echo $child->getAttribute('id'), "\n";

Thanks for the answer!

It doesn't really work in my case, since I'm trying to create a recursive function according the following:

1. I perform a search using xPath and get a search result as a DOMNodeList.

2. This list I send to a function that takes it as input, and whats function is to create a multidimensional array.

3. Foreach item in the list I check if it has any children.

4. If so, I do the recursive call, with the list of children as input.

So far so good, but when I come to the second loop, when the input is the list from the childNodes, everything stops working...

Sincerely

Victor