RE: Recursion: Ugh!

Steve Brown <mailto:sbrown25@xxxxxxxxx>
    on Friday, May 27, 2005 2:17 PM said:

> So in your case, if you wanted to create a new item in the category
> "Round", you would first have to navigate to Food > Vegetables >
> Round, then create the new item.  This may seem more complicated,
> but think about how much time your users are going to spend scrolling
> through a list of lots of categories compared to this approach.

Oh ok. I understand what you're saying. It's like dmoz.org correct?

This is a good idea (and one that I might adopt in cart I've built for
the company I work for). But for the current project I'm working on (a
personal web based basic financial app [i.e. I need to make a budget and
keep track of it.]) I can see that kind of category navigation being
tedious. Reason being, I personally save all the receipts for every
transaction I make. I will then enter these receipts into the
application one at a time. But if I've got 25+ receipts to enter from
one week I'm not going to want to navigate through the category tree 25
times.

But in any case, this is mostly off topic at this point. Maybe all
future correspondence on this should be sent off list.

Chris.