Re: php uncongruence (or config?)

Miguel Vaz wrote:

Hi,

I am confused as to how to solve this simple problem. Although it seems as some little config issue i am missing.

its the fact that your hosting provider is using an older php version than you are at home (I'm guessing here, but it seems the most obvious reason) ... and that the default (php.ini)setting for 'register_globals' has changed from 'On' to 'Off'. googling for 'PHP + register_globals' should get you upto speed on whats going on. (hint: relying on register_globals being On, as you are going, is not recommended)

also findout about using the function phpinfo() to determine what version
of php you are running at any given site/machine (phpinfo() also provides
_lots_ of other useful/interesting info)

        I have a file index.php with some html tables and this php code:

..html stuff here... <? print $mod; ?> ..some more html here...

If i feed the script with "index.php?mod=2", etc. and run it locally, i get an error saying:

Notice: Undefined variable: mod in c:\win2kapp\easyphp1-8\www\index.php on line 36

If i run it on a web server, it works perfectly.
Whats the difference or where might be the problem in the php.ini? (if its there)
The server i am using is easyphp, that package that install apache, php and mysql all together. I am running a windows xp box.

        Thanks in advance.

Pag