Re: Can I prevent Server variables from being spoofed ?

On Friday 20 May 2005 20:46, Graham Anderson wrote:
> Can the server variable 'user agent'  be modified/spoofed  by the user?

I whish people would stop implementing these kinds of things!

Question: do you deny access to your home because the person ringing the bell
is African?  Or maybe because he is Muslim?  Or because he/she doesn't speak
English?  There are laws against discrimination and you shouldn't create
applications that deny access based on where the user comes from, what
browser they use, or what language they speak.

Just because someone is using a browser doesn't mean they can't play QuickTime
movies.  In fact, It is something that has been bothering me endlessly.  I am
usually forced to hack around the site to find the url of the movie, then do
a wget on that url and xine the resulting file.  All that for a lousy 30 sec
movie!

Can you at least think of only one valid reason to do the stuff you ask to do?
I don't think so.

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093