Re: SWF duration time

On Sat, May 21, 2005 10:18 am, Ahmed Abdel-Aliem said:
> is there a function to detect SWF files play duration ??

They all play forever.

Except the ones that crash my machine.  Those last a few minutes, at best.

:-)

Including the one (not built by me) on my client's site that I have to
deal with every time he wants a change. :-( :-( :-(

Seriously, though, given that an SWF could easily have user interaction
and branching logic, how could one possibly even begin to computer "play
duration"?

You could maybe, for simple ones, dig into them and work out the twips
setting and number of frames and divide and get an estimate on what it
would be if it's a simple straight-line play-through animation, but you'd
be wrong more often than you were right, so why do that?

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm