Re: Can I prevent Server variables from being spoofed ?

Graham Anderson wrote:
> thanks...
> I'l start exploring other options
> On May 20, 2005, at 2:35 PM, Marek Kilimajer wrote:
>
>> Graham Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> is there another way to get reasonably accurate environment variables ?
>>> In my case,if  movies are being opened in a browser...deny access....
>>

>> no, there is no way

You may be able to trick it.  If your goal is to make it only work in
Quicktime, or some other standalone application like that, chances are
pretty good that it doesn't implement everything a full browser
implements.  For example, does it follow a redirect?  Does it do
Javascript at all?  Not that someone won't be able to hack around these
tricks, but you could probably come up with something that would prevent
the majority of people from accessing your content directly with a browser.

-Rasmus