PHP and SSH

Hi, folks.  Has anyone had any issues using PHP with the libssh2
library?

I had my sysadmin install it, but he's not certain we should be
developing against it in a production environment since it's still alpha
(0.10).

I'm looking for opinions as to whether anyone out there has run into
problems developing against it, or if the general consensus is that
there are no critical concerns about using it as a core part of a large
project.

I personally don't think there are, since I don't think that PHP would
have bindings to this library if it weren't, but I want to have some
other feedback to give to my sysadmin?

Anyone have any opinions?

Cheers and TIA,

Pablo