Re: upload videos (might be a bit 0T)

Hey,
I dont really know if this is a good idea so need more advise than anything.

My cousins in the US and Canada want to send us some home movies (not that I like home movies ##yuck##) but the rest of my family wants to see them.

We have a dedicated server which will easily handle a couple of gigs...I was thinking of allowing them to upload the movies to the server and download it here (Sweden)

Any suggestions on how to do this? Normal upload form with PHP and increase timeout on server? or some P2P method? I dont think they know much about FTP or i would have given them a directory on the server to upload to.

Can't think of an obvious reason why it isn't a good idea. It's at least as secure as plain FTP. And if you can put it under HTTPS should be fine for what you want to do.

Take a look here for apps. There's a couple in the FTP section that say they do exactly what you want.

http://www.zend.com/apps.php?CID=257

-philip