Re: libxml_set_streams_context

On May 17, 2005, at 10:24 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:

I don't know much about that fancy new stream stuff, or the XML crap, but
you've got zero (0) lines of code in there to do anything useful when the
functions fail.

no functions fail.

what I'm expecting is that with libxml_set_streams_context(), I've correctly sent an HTTP "If-Modified-Since" Request Header along with the HTTP GET in the DOMDocument::load() call. what I'm seeing is that somehow I haven't, since the the DOMDocument::load() call returns the file (with an HTTP 200 status in the response header) even though I know the file has not been modified since the "If-Modified-Since" date (confirmed by looking at the "Last-Modified" date in the response header).

the fact that there is no failure, and no error message that I can examine or test is exactly why I'm scratching my head and asking if anyone who does know something about stream contexts can offer some pointers.

I don't think I need any help with "the XML crap", as you put it.