Re: PHP Applications?

On Tue, May 17, 2005 1:50 pm, Greg Donald said:
> On 5/17/05, Brent Baisley <brent@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Zend sells a compiler to speed up your PHP code. Since it's compiled,
>> it also does not contain the source code in readable form. You should
>> visit the Zend website.
>
> Did you have a link for this 'compiler' ?  All I see in the site menu
> is a link to the encoder.  Sorry if I'm just not seeing it.

He probably meant the encoder.

Zend has a lot of products, though, and there maybe might be one designed
just to secure your PHP source...  I kinda lost track lately, with all the
options out there.

Err, anyway, I just really wanted to say that virtually every Zend product
has been so routinely mis-represented by what it does that the amount of
mis-information out there is probably larger than the amount of correct
info.

Read Zend's website product descriptions first, and ignore forum/mailing
list comments until you're clear on what the product does, and doesn't do.

That will help you separate the patent falsehoods from useful info, and
winnow down your reading by a factor of 3.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm