Re: Including SSI in your PHP scripts

On Mon, May 16, 2005 2:09 pm, Brian said:
> Is there any possible way to use my sitewide include files which have SSI
> in
> them in a PHP script, such as phpBB, with PHP installed as a cgi? I see
> there is a virtual() function which is intended to mimick apache's virtual
> include, however it does not work as a CGI.

Perhaps if you do:

<?php require 'http://example.com/yourfile_withssi.shtml';?>

It will chew up an extra HTTP connection on each require, but it should work.

You'd be better off in the long run to re-code your SSI as PHP.  There
usually isn't anything that tricky in SSI that you can't do in PHP in
minutes of re-coding...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm