RE: Shopping Cart, security concerns

No, I would not have prices in the hidden fields. :-)
Thanks though for the concern.

I do have a few questions about easiest / best way to write this.
Especially as I don't have PHP experience, meaning it takes me longer to
write the code and more importantly I might miss something important.

======

Shopping Cart display

Item Qty (allow user to change or delete)
Item ID (added to session variable by hidden field)
Item Name (added to session variable by hidden field)
Item Desc Short (added to session variable by hidden field) Item Price
(hardcoded. I hate this but it would be pulled from a file or hardcoded
- an if else clause. If itemID = 1 then price = x)

Page 1 (Shipping Info: Name, Address...)

Info forwarded to page two in hidden fields)

Page 2 (Billing Address: Name, Address ...)

Info forwarded to page three in hidden fields

Page 3 - confirmation page

Page 4 (CC info)

Page 5 (Hidden from consumer Security Check Page)

Qty * Price = Qty
Tax recalculated
Shipping recalculated

Relevant data sent to merchant and distributor company

Thanks