Re: CASE tool

Hello,

on 05/14/2005 10:49 AM Krid said the following:
can anybody here tell me if there is a (open souce) CASE tool which supports PHP code generation? I could not find anything like this yet.
What's the best way designing PHP applikations? I guess anybody knows a whitepaper or tutorial URI ?!

You may want to take a look at Metastorage. This is a CASE tool that generates code for data access object classes based on an high level definition in a XML format (CPML) of a model of your application persistent objects.

You just define your classes in CPML, with variables, validation rules, relationships and functions to manipulate the objects of such classes and Metastorage generates classes that perform Object Relational Mapping (ORM) to store persistent objects in a relational database using SQL.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/

http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/