Re: cURL functions

On Saturday 14 May 2005 06:45, Chris Bruce wrote:
> > This should work:

[code snipped]

> Did you try this Jason?

Yes, I've tried the code that I posted (using my own URL for the image),
works for me.

> When I try it, it just downloads the
> getimage.php file with the binary content of the image in the file.

If by 'getimage.php' you mean the above, and you're getting the contents
of the above (ie the raw PHP code) AND the binary content of the image
then your webserver is seriously out of whack.

If you mean that the browser downloads the image binary data correctly BUT
saves it in a file called 'getimage.php' then that is most likely a
problem with your browser. Double check that you have
"Content-Disposition" header correctly formatted, look at the user notes
in the online manual for the header() function for loads of examples and
suggestions. Also check the archives for Richard Lynch's posts where he
rants (quite rightly) about IE's poor handling of forcing a download to
be saved to file and ways to circumvent it.