Re: Hello, I'm new...

On 5/13/05, brujah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <brujah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have only recently started to look at php, I hope this list dose not
> mind 'noob' questions.

no we don't mind it, we do mind poor spelling though ;) jk

> I have got 'Programming PHP' by Rasmus Lerdorf, Kevin Tatroe and 'Web
> Database Applications with PHP and MySQL' Hugh E. Williams, David Lane.
>
> I would like to create a 'community' website and was wondering if there
> was a framework available to get me started?

Are you looking for a framework for building you're application, or an
application that's already built for you that you just need to
customize?

IMO, I would start off with trying to write you're own application
from scratch, like maybe a guestbook or something simple.  Once you
get the basics down you can expand you're horizons into whatever you
feel like...

> Thanks.

You're very welcome... Good Luck!

--