Re: Hello, I'm new...

A community website..... Explain. Decide what features you want this
community site to have. Once you've figured out(or explained) what
type of services you want to offer to your community, and then check
out hotscripts.com, or google.

Three scripts that come to mind, are phpgroupware, phpbb, and
phpnuke(or postnuke)

> I have only recently started to look at php, I hope this list dose not
> mind 'noob' questions.

Personally I don't like the term noob, but there are very few people
on this list that I've come across who object to beginners questions.
We were all beginners at some stage. On the other hand, quite a few of
us(myself included), object to stupid questions. An example of a
stupid question would be

"I would like to create a 'community' website and was wondering if
there was a framework available to get me started?".

A better question would be:
"I want to create a community website, where community members can
send each other messages, post to a publicly viewable bulletin board,
and share files. What frameworks are available for this.".

Ok that wasn't that bad of a question(hey, I needed an example), but
once you've read ESR's guide to asking smart questions(
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ), and/or the guide
for new members, that is regularly posted to this list. You can find
it here: http://apache2triad.net/forums/archive/o_t__t_3613__newbie-guide-for-the-benefit-of-new-posters.html