Re: auto_prepend_file in Apache Directory container

dan wrote:

dan wrote:

Hello, all -

I'm trying to override the value of php.ini's 'auto_prepend_file' function, inside of an Apache Directory container. I'm not having much luck. In fact, no luck at all. This never happens.

So I'm wondering now, are functions set by 'php_value' inside of an Apache config file only good for the entire VirtualHost in question, or can they be applied on a per-directory basis using Apache's Directory directive? Or am I justflat-out doing something wrong? I have something similar to this:

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
    ...apache config...
    php_value auto_prepend_file \
     /var/www/virtual/pornpromoter.net/dev1/auto_prepend_file_02.php
    ...more apache config...
</VirtualHost>

Threw in the '\' there for the sake of some mail clients that would wrap the line. The '\' is not present in the configuration file.

I've been doing some research and have come up dry. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to provide some answers here.

Thanks!
-dant

Hello -

Doing some more research, even on the following page:

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list

...shows that php_prepend_file should still work inside an Apache directory container (as indicated by "changeable" PHP_INI_PERDIR), but it is not.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before?

Thanks!
-dant

I don't know what to tell you, it works for me.. Could you be overriding it somewhere? Are you sure that portion of the config file is being applied correctly? It seems much more likely to me that Apache, for some reason,.isn't reading the directive.or is reading another after it that is overwriting it.

Chris