Re: SQL Date guru in the house?

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 09:17, mwestern@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a small problem.
>
> I have a project in which someone has got three integer fields for
> holding the date.   DD, MM, YYYY in an sql database.    I now have to
> have a page that inputs two dates and select records between those two
> dates.
>
> If I had a date field in the table it would be fairly simple, but I'm
> hoping to do this search/comparison without having to rewrite the
> pages/database that has already been designed.
>

> Start Date:	11/05/2005
> End Date:	11/04/2005
> SELECT * FROM blah WHERE mm BETWEEN 04 AND 05 AND dd BETWEEN 11 AND 11
> AND yyyy BETWEEN 2005 AND 2005

> Doesn't work for obvious reasons.      Is there any way that I can do
> this date comparison I the SQL statement without having a decent date
> field?

Yes there's a way ;-)

But you've mixed the month and day in the query.

The standart textual format is MM/DD/YYYY :-)

SELECT * FROM blah WHERE mm BETWEEN 11 AND 11 AND dd BETWEEN 4 AND 5 AND yyyy
BETWEEN 2005 AND 2005

--

Cyberly yours,
Petar Nedyalkov

PGP ID: 7AE45436
PGP Public Key: http://bu.orbitel.bg/pgp/bu.asc
PGP Fingerprint: 7923 8D52 B145 02E8 6F63 8BDA 2D3F 7C0B 7AE4 5436