Re: Editing PDF

Sam,

I'm not an expert in the area but from what I've seen in the past you might want to look into using LaTex or something similar from the command line. There might be a way to edit the PDF directly from PHP but I wouldn't know where to tell you to start.

For that matter I'm not even certain LaTex would be the answer ;-) but since no one has responded to you yet I thought that might be a good place for you to start looking.

Good luck!
-Joe
www.joewollard.com <http://www.joewollard.com>

Sam Smith wrote:

I have an existing PDF file that I want to add text to or make changes to
text with data from an HTML form via PHP.

The PDF looks like this:
20 0 obj<</Length 5586/Filter[/ASCII85Decode/FlateDecode]>>stream
8;X-DgMYb:(An746bc%oU,Mo*S<nfn`(:.P:CnHNZLL%2;CCTp,!@2g_u'+2VqIkV
-$2%Ipq]A
aoW>]"SN?epNo...

That is, not in plain text.

If I wanted to add text to the PDF, e.g., Mr. Jones, where the heck would it
go and what would it look like?

Thanks