Re: mail() Problem

Mary-Anne Nayler wrote:

Hi.

I am very new to this group and this is my first request for help so please be patient.

when I try to use the mail() function in a PHP based webpage I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() in <the path to my script> on line <line number>

I have tried changing some mail config details in php.ini. For instance, the path to sendmail used to be: "/usr/lib" and I have changed it to: "/usr/lib/sendmail -t -i". The permissions on sendmail are 555, owner is root and group is other.

I guess you could say I am well and truly clutching at straws now!!

Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so how was it resolved?

Mary-Anne

Mary -

This error occours when PHP can't find sendmail at compile-time. Your best bet would be to install sendmail or a sendmail-compatible MTA, and then rebuild PHP.

Postfix is my second love, so naturally I'd recommend it - www.postfix.org.

Thanks
-dant