Re: text with $

On 5/9/05, Martín Marqués <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a text variable that contains "$" symbols, that when I pass it out PHP
> thinks that the "$" mean that a variable name comes right after.
/*
This is standard behavior, as far as I know.  Are you using an IDE, or
just a standard text editor?  Many IDEs will notify you of this, or
just escape it automatically.
*/
> I tried escaping the "$" put with no luck.
/*
Escaping didn't work?  That's strange.  Could you post the code?  This
would help, as I think you might not be escaping it correctly.  See
below...
*/
> Is there something I can do?
/*
'Single Quotes?'  Be sure that when you escape it you are using \, not
/!  Again, try posting code.  You're always more likely to get
*/

--
disguised.jedi@xxxxxxxxx

PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Go to school, become evil"

However, I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are
subject to other's criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free