Re: Random but ordered..

Check the MySQL manual for how to order randomly.

They might have a way to do it.

However...

If there are a fairly number of consistent plans in each company, you
might be better off with something that just chooses N companies at
random, enough to fill a page, and that's it.

One wrinkle is this:  If user X goes forward a page, can they see the same
company again, or does the order need to be fixed after they see page 1?

If it must be fixed, I think you'd be best served with making a @TEMP
table in MySQL and then assigning each company ID a random place in it,
and using that as your ordering for company IDs.

Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm