Re: Any alternative to POST method FTP uploads from client computer?

Hello Murray,

Sunday, May 8, 2005, 9:20:58 PM, you wrote:

MP> So, can anyone confirm that there is no other way to upload files
MP> from a client machine using a form? (and assuming they don't have
MP> an ftp server at their end).

Forms can only POST (or GET, but we'll ignore that for now) data.
That's it. Welcome to the HTTP protocol, I'm afraid there is no
getting around this.

You can try using a signed Java applet to allow local uploading,
otherwise teach the end users how to use FTP clients? Your options
run out right about here. PHP being a server side language can only
deal with a file once it hits the server, if you want to check files
client side before they're uploaded, you need a client side language.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov