Re: multi dimensional arraySOLVED

On Thu, May 5, 2005 3:37 am, Angelo Zanetti said:
> this is quite weird but apparently on the one server if you user $user
> as a variable name thats what causes the problem.
> I simply renamed my variable to something else and it worked, I find it
> strange that it worked on 1 server and not the other, is it possible
> that the different apache versions are responsible for this situation??

This would indicate to me that you've got register_globals "ON" and that
your EGPCS settings are clobbering your $user variable with data from, say
the environment $_ENV

I'm betting that if you do:
echo "ENV $_ENV[user]<br />\n";
echo "GET $_GET[user]<br />\n";
echo "POST $_POST[user]<br />\n";
echo "SESSION $_SESSION[user]<br />\n";
echo "COOKIE $_COOKIE[user]<br />\n";

in the script that was giving you trouble, you'll find that one of those
is set.

Actually, since they could be set to the empty string, you should be
echo-in isset($_XXX['user']) in the above test.

The correct solution, then, is to turn register_globals OFF.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm