need help on .htaccess

We have here at work a simple .htaccess that redirects all requests to an index page which works fine so far. I'll show you the code of the .htaccess you can use it if you can't to, it works perfectly fine.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^$ - [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^.*\.gif$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^.*\.jpg$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^.*\.css$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^.*\.png$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^.*\.exe$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ index.html?virtual_path=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.html?virtual_path=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/index.html$ index.html?virtual_path=$1 [QSA,L]

The major problem i have with this, is that we have a folder called /media and i want everything inside this folder to be [L] left alone. Right you can see we managed to do this using different extension but i got a dynamic module that allows people to upload/download pretty much anything from the media folder, so eventually some files are not of correcte extension and i get problems regarding a page that doesn't really exist in my engine or i just open the DB connection for nothing for instance.

I really suck a Regexp so i was wondering if people could help me find the exact regexp that will make everything in the /media dir completly [L] appart. I tried several things but doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.