RE: Sudden php death

> But other PHP is still running, right? Dude, it is either a specific
>
> problem with the ad code itself, the database it is using, something.
>
> Have you even checked a log? Is the disk full? Basic troubleshooting -
>
> what have you done? Help us to help you.

Hey,
Sorry, didnt mean to sound so cryptic.

The software was programmed by a 3rd party for us (which is one of the main
problems),
it was running perfectly fine and has clocked up around 170,000 impressions
till now on a clients site
(which is another problem, this was installed on a clients site and not
ours)
all of a sudden the client wrote to us and says it stopped working, we
checked and his site was still up,
ASP still running, php still running as we could login to the admin panels,
plenty of disk space.

I dont know how to read log files :-( looks like its time i started to
learn.

Now he writes back and tells me everything is running fine again! So i'm
thinking maybe his host did
some upgrade that affected PHP? although he is back up and running, i would
like to know the likely
causes if we have the same problem again...

Thanks,
Ryan