PHP's auto_prepend_file inside an Apache Directory container

Hello, all -

I've been tinkering around with PHP's auto_prepend_file, specifying this from inside an Apache VirtualHost container, something as such:

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
	blah
	blah
	blah
	php_value auto_prepend_file /super_duper_file.php
</VirtualHost>

THis works fine from within the VirtualHost container, directly inside it's root. However, this does not seem to work inside an Apache Directory container.

I was wondering first if anyone could verify this. Sure, I've had a few beers tonight - I want to make sure that I'm doing this properly. Secondly, I was wondering why this might not work - any real reasons?

Like I said, I've been able to use auto_prepend_file in this method before, but never inside a Directory container.

I'd like to prepend different files depending on which directory container the directive is in. THat's my ultimate goal here.

I'm sending this off to the users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list, as well, for some more insight into this, as it is kindof bothering me.

Thanks for your time
-dant