Re: How to know if php CAN write files on server and WHERE it can?

Thanks Richard for your answer

Il giorno 29/apr/05, alle 10:07 PM, Richard Lynch ha scritto:

If you're just going to delete the files after your script is done, why
copy them somewhere else at all?

Your best bet is to try and use the /tmp dir, or, more properly, what PHP
thinks is a "good" place for tmp files.

I developed an application that uploads files on the server calling a php page, using post just as a form would be.

to avoid the max_file_size and max_post_size problems, the application splits large files on smasller chunks, and calls repeatedly the php sending one file chunk at a time, every time waiting for a response from the php page and then reposting to it subsequent chunk of data.

So the php script is called more times, one for every chunk, and at the last call It's up to the php script to re-construct the entire file when all the uploads are finished, and then copy it on a known location using ftp.

That's why I would like to move every temp file on another directory, since I'm not assured that php temp files will keep existing during all the upload process transactions ( or worst, could be php engine itself deleting them immediatly when php script execution ends? )

Hope was clear what I'm attempting to do...

regards,

      Giulio

For that matter, using http://php.net/tmpfile may take care of all your worries on this one.

Cantoberon Multimedia srl http://www.cantoberon.it Tel. 06 39737052