Re: only allowing php_flag register_globals off

On Fri, April 29, 2005 7:51 am, Karin van den Berg said:
> I am on a quest for a new good webhost and I am currently using a trail
> account at a host that seems pretty good, but has one problem. I cannot
> turn register_globals off. They don't allow php_flag/php_value in
> .htaccess for security reasons but in this case it's causing insecurity

Are they unwilling to change it for a paying account, or just the trial one?

Big difference. :-)

Though they may not be willing to do it for paid account either, depending
on how they maintain their httpd.conf file, and what changes on a
per-VirtualHost basis they can cope with.

> But I can't find any info on this, is there a way to configure apache
> and/or PHP so that you allow only one type of php_flag?

I don't think anybody can do that...

They could certainly, in theory, add a flag in httpd.conf for your
VirtualHost, but not make .htaccess work just for one php_flag and no
others.

.htaccess off also gives a performance boost they might not be willing to
forego, even if it were possible.

I always recommend http://hostbaby.com, personally.

--
Like Music?