Re: anchr tag replace

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, php wrote:

Its a long story, but basically, theres some code we cannot get around that
is taking anchor tags such as <a href="#sat"> and turning them into <a
href="http://host.com/folder/file.html?var=var&var2=var2#sat>.

I need to undo this action with a pattern match on a large body of content
with "".  Can this be done.  Here are further details:

I need a regular expression that will recognize the following where #anchor
can be anything such as #sat or #sunday or #lastpage:

<a*href="http://*#anchor"*>

And turn it into this:

<a*href="#anchor"*>

What I am doing is removing the
http://host/.../.../file.html?variable&variable that immediately precedes
the #anchor.

Hmm...

$str = ereg_replace('<(a[^>]*href=")http://[^#]*(#[^"]*")>', '<$1$2>', $str);

Completely untested and assumes lowercase tags and the use of double
quotes and that a single <a href> tag fits on a single line...

But it's a start.

-philip