Re: step by step learning

hey paul,
php is not like html. HTML is a markup language and PHP is a scripting languange. Once you get through installing PHP, it is not like HTML where you start with the basic tags and learn them one by one. PHP has functions and you need to know which funcitons you need for the right job. I would recommend phpfreaks.com. That is where I started and probably a beginners book or a reference book. If you do not have any programming experience, you are best off getting a beginners guide which will explain concepts along with the code. PHP is easy to use, but not quite as easy as HTML and CSS.
PHP also has an online manual with examples which is on par with no other manual that I have found (with the exceptionn of maybe MySQL). So looking up functions online on their site is also a good starting place.....

jzf

Paul Kain wrote:

Hi there

are there any sites online that show one how to learn php in a step by
step fashion?

I am really lost and would need to start at the very beginning

I already know and understand html