Re: problem connecting php and mysql

Hi,

I had this same problem and I followed the the following instructions found in
the online manual on installing PHP for windows:

================

If you've run other versions of PHP in the past and are having trouble
upgrading to PHP5, particularly in loading the dynamic link library
'php_mysql.dll' (despite following all the guidance in this documentation),
try the following:

1.)  REMOVE old copies of 'libmysql.dll' from your WINDOWS and
WINDOWS\system32 folders (check BOTH places).

2.)  Verify that your System Path is correctly configured to search the 'C:
\PHP5' and 'C:\PHP5\ext'.  To do this on WinXP, go to your Control Panel, open
System, click Advanced tab, click on Environment Variables, under (lower pane)
'System variables', select 'Path', and then click Edit.  Your system path
should look something like:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%; C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.
1\bin;C:\PHP5;C:\PHP5\ext;

Because the system path checks the Windows and System32 folders for dll's
*before* checking the PHP folder, old copies of php_mysql.dll will load up
first and foul your PHP initialization if you don't remove them.

Hope this helps.

Prathap